The following are various management positions that are available with different companies. These are condensed descriptions. If you are interested in learning more about any specific posting please contact me direct .
Accounting Supervisor – Dallas TX
We are representing a dynamic, global, fast growing company in the travel industry. They are currently sourcing for a Staff Accounting Supervisor with Trams experience to be based in Dallas, TX. This is a fast-paced environment with a core of innovation and fun. If you are prepared to grow your career, wear multiple hats, and be part of a determined team with a focus on exceptional service, this may be the role for you.
Requisite Skills and Experience:
• Minimum--5 years of experience in corporate travel, specifically back office
• Thorough understanding of and experience using TRAMS
• Sabre GDS experience is a plus.
• GDS Scripting experience a plus.
• Process design and implementation experience in a travel agency setting a plus.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and maintain schedules within tight time-frames.
• Excellent customer service experience, along with good decision making abilities.
• Professional attitude and team player.
• Extensive experience of Microsoft applications, (primarily Excel and Word).
• Excellent Skills in the following areas: Initiative, Follow-up, Organization, Analytical
• Ability to follow directions and complete assigned projects with minimal supervision.
• Trouble-shoot/research reported client issues and recommend/implement solutions.
Responsibilities / Objectives / Tasks:
• A/P, A/R, Payroll, Client Management, Vendor Management.
• Prepares balance sheet reconciliations and takes appropriate actions to resolve reconciling items; including processing of general ledger journal entries.
• Reviews and analyzes financial accounts, supporting documentation and control of ledger balances.
• Maintains the process of workflow from client receipts through payout to vendors.
• Manages/trains staff as needed.
• Maintain detailed transaction and savings reports for a specified list of accounts.
• Maintain up to date on online tool enhancements
• Conduct transaction audits as needed.
• Create, analyse and distribute ad-hoc reports as requested.
• Audit client reporting for accuracy and automation opportunities.
• Ability to multi-task between phone, email and ongoing online technical projects.
• Ability to prioritize workload.
• Assist peers and work together as a Team.
Other Strategic and Development Responsibilities:
• Travel as required by the demands of the position.
• Ability to work extended hours as needed.
• Keep Manager promptly and fully informed of all matters of significance.
• Other projects as needed to support or maximize our revenue potential.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business (or similar) preferred or equivalent experience.
• Travel Industry experience required.
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office products especially Excel.• TRAMS/Client Base experience required
GENERAL MANAGER – CAMBRIDGE MA Starting in July 2017
Overall general manager of this agency handling all departments through delegation to managers. The following duties are key to this position:
Key Corporate Accounts
Participate in Steering Committee meetings
Review monthly reports
Attend annual client meetings
Supervise Client Relations Manager (CRM)
Resolve complains/problems if escalated by CRM or agent
Review key account contracts and fees with Steering Committee
Hiring and Supervision of Admin and Finance Staff with Operations Manager
Manage Independent Contractor (I.C.) annual Reviews
Management of Interpersonal Relationships
Prepare payroll monthly; employer taxes quarterly
Oversee medical Insurances + LTD
Administer 401K and FSA benefit programs
Liaison to branch office and their employees
Participate in Steering committee
Interface with home office
Conduct I.C. interviews / orientation/support
Liaise with lawyer / accountant
Conduct salary and performance reviews, including Float and QC agents
Prepare and manage admin budget
Train and supervise front office team with Operations Manager
Be responsible for physical space maintenance
Handle contracts for iBANK (on-line data and reporting software)/ Phone system
Handle new business inquiries and complaint calls
Intercede with vendor reps for agent problems/debits
Assist agents with account issues (with CRM)
Manage company business insurance renewals
Create marketshare SPECTRA/SABRE TRAVELER SECURITY data reports
Review/sign vendor commission agreements
Manage airline upgrade e-certificates
Manage SABRE Ticket Assist for Concur automatic ticketing
Strengthen vendor relations / participate in local vendor events
Supervise iBank useage (on-line data and reporting software)
Monitor Cash Flow
Oversee Capital Funds budget with shareholders
Oversee Capital Funds In/Out
Monitor / sign checks
Review monthly 1099 payroll
Review annual budget expenses
Review tax filings
Expert knowledge of SABRE GDS, MS OFFICE
Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
Ability to effectively interact with all levels both within and outside the company
Working knowledge of travel management data
Ability to resolve client service concerns
Ability to learn and flexibility to absorb new software and methods
DESIRED EXPERIENCE 15 years of Travel Industry experience with a minimum of 5 years in agency management
Proven history of working with large-volume travel accounts
Vendor relation management skills
High-level knowledge of OBTs (On-Line Booking Tools)
Budgeting and other financial experience
Understanding of HR issues
CRUISES & TOURS ASSISTANT DIRECTOR
● Facilitate event programming, schedules and logistics ● Manage, support and encourage existing ministry clients in current and future travel events ● Support the development of new client relationships
Knowledge/skills/abilities: high school diploma bachelor's degree preferred related work experience previous supervisory experience previous experience with contracts and negotiations demonstrated people skills demonstrated management skills proficiency in business writing, communication and technology ability to follow through on verbal and written instructions ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines actively engage in deductive reasoning and problem solving demonstrate initiative and critical thinking skills demonstrated organizational skills demonstrated team player demonstrate familiarity with Microsoft office products, Dropbox, google documents, and Skype conferencing
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: This position is under the direct supervision of the Global Client Services Vice President and works alongside the Directors and the Executive Assistants to accomplish the goals of the organization. This position is also responsible to the Owners/Officers
Position requires 5-10% travel in the U.S. and abroad.
Ministry Services: Develop and maintain contacts with ministry partners and organizations for travel events Manage intake process for ministries and churches requesting tour events Qualify ministries and recommend travel events and products that meet their needs Work with the internal teams and ministry clients in development of groups Facilitate Pastors Programs for tour events
Conference Management: Develop conference schedule detail based on team and ministry input and directives from the Global Client Services Vice President and the President/CEO Oversee development of detailed group meeting schedules
Work with Supplier Services team to secure meeting space with land operators, hotels, cruise lines and conference centers Execute all details required for smooth execution of travel events Develop and maintain relationships with tour operators and cruise lines Proofread and approve conference materials (including conference packet, signs etc.) Determine and organize gratuities/gifts for service staff and request payments
Passenger Relations: Provide backup by answering incoming calls and taking brochure requests/processing payments
Product Research and Industry Updates: Become fully versed in information related to our specific services and products Stay up to date on current information regarding tour destinations and provide pertinent updates to appropriate staff/managers
New Client Acquisition: Develop an ongoing list of potential clients. Reach out regularly to potential client list to earn new business in Tours or Cruises (To be determined by GCS VP)
OTHER DUTIES: Identify ways to increase efficiency and reduce expenses in all areas of operation Train appropriate support staff to cover all aspects of your job in your absence Work toward becoming a full backup to Cruise team counterpart through training and goal setting Perform job-related duties as requested by the Global Client Services Vice President and/or President/CEO Learn additional duties as necessary or prescribed by the Global Client Services Vice President
GLOBAL CORPORATE TRAVEL DIRECTOR – BOSTON MA
This position is with a private corporation in the Boston area and will be responsible for monitoring and measuring the effectiveness of the travel strategy and programs in support of the Company’s business goals and driving continuous improvement. S/he will provide the leadership across the Company and ensure a unified understanding of the Travel strategy and related policies.
The successful candidate will have the ability to quickly gain a deep understanding of company’s culture, vision and direction and ensure the Corporate Travel strategy is properly aligned to deliver value to the organization. S/he will have experience working within a global company and will bring a strong track record of strategic planning, corporate card management, travel management, as well as strong customer service and relationship-building skills across all levels within an organization. The right candidate must be able to think strategically yet also manage/oversee the day-to-day tactical activities.
• Serve as the subject matter expert for all travel-related programs, including airport security pre-clearance programs, tools, and policies.
• Take leadership role in assessing travel processes, tools, and policies to strengthen the Travel Program and enhance the travel experience. Evaluate, recommend and implement new technology to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the travel process. Benchmark other firms to measure internal performance.
• Administer and monitor compliance of the company’s global travel policy; periodically review and adjust as the business evolves and expands when necessary.
• In collaboration with Strategic Sourcing, develop and execute global sourcing strategies including air transportation, hotel, car rental, and limousine programs that will results in increased traveler satisfaction, cost savings, improved security, reduced environmental impact where possible, and the development of exceptional preferred suppliers.
• Manage and lead our current outsourced travel management company (TMC), including the travel counselors. This includes managing all operational issues, SLAs, reporting requirements, and policy compliance. Also responsible for the periodic re-evaluation and re-negotiation of TMC services.
• In collaboration with other Departments and our TMC, produce value-added management reporting to define continuous improvement opportunities to reduce overall travel expenditures (i.e. “travel smarter”).
• Develop strong internal working relationships across company, including Strategic Sourcing, Finance, Operations, Executive Leadership and their Assistants. This will require occasional travel to all major sites globally.
• As the company expands internationally, leverage negotiated preferred supplier relationships across borders where it makes sense.
• Partner with the Global Meetings & Events Manager to ensure alignment of objectives between transient and group travel programs.
• Work collaboratively with Operations to ensure security processes and tools are integrated into our Travel strategy.
• Bachelor’s Degree and 10+ years of experience in corporate travel with global travel experience; prior expertise expanding Travel Programs into international countries preferred.
• Ability to build and maintain effective business relationships across functions; comfortable interfacing with senior leadership.
• Strong industry knowledge and relationships; past experience using benchmark data to drive improved Program performance.
• Self-starter with high level of self-confidence who can provide leadership to the organization without constant instruction or direction.
• Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills.
• Proven ability to manage and deliver on multiple projects and competing priorities; demonstrates energy, enthusiasm and a sense of urgency.
• Exceptionally strong organizational and time management skills; flexibility to work to challenging and changing deadlines.
• Outstanding attention to detail and follow-through.
• Flexible, able to easily adjust to rapidly changing business environment.
• Ability to establish and drive organizational objectives and relevant metrics globally.
• Trustworthy, ability to demonstrate utmost discretion and confidentiality surrounding sensitive travel-related matters.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and on-line booking tools (preferably Concur).
• Strong analytical skills specific towards the integration and understanding of multiple data sources such as ERP, travel card, meeting card data in effort to track and report effectively.
Travel Agency Operations Manager - Detroit, MI
A Detroit area agency is seeking an Operations Manager for their established office. Historically this agency has flourished for over 50 years as an innovative and ever-growing travel company, and is presently experiencing a period of acute growth. They are seeking a strong, tested, and successful leader to manage this growth. Candidates must have experience working with a fast growing business and must possess proven professional leadership skills.
Responsibilities will include management of five to ten Travel Advisors. The Manager will cultivate rapport with travel suppliers, monitor and enforce professional standards and deliverables, and create and/or streamline processes, documents, and other job tools for staff. Additionally, duties include delegation of assignments, marketing travel opportunities via email, monitoring web presence and other media, occasional sales presentations, etc. Particular emphasis will be placed on the outward growth of corporate retail infrastructure, protocol, and procedures.
Benefits include competitive salary, benefits and an allotment for relocation costs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Initiate and drive resurgence of corporate business Identification and engagement with the most advantageous consortia. Potential collaboration with external TMCs to gather and leverage resources o Capitalization on existing technology (Concur, GDS, back office accounting, mid-office solutions, etc.) o Identification of new technologies and relationships to improve infrastructure to service increased clientele • Work with Senior Management to identify and attract new clientele • Review and revise pricing structure for marketing and revenue maximization • Delegate and manage workflow of direct reports (presently three corporate agents) • Create and implement robust continuous training program in partnership with vendors, other intracompany department heads, etc. • Master all research, pricing, booking, invoicing, billing, and payment collection processes to assist staff on regular, daily basis
• Initiate, maintain, and grow relationships with boutique Luxury Leisure suppliers • Maintain relationship with Virtuoso, a luxury leisure travel consortium • Schedule in-office supplier visits and presentations when advantageous • Delegate and manage workflow of direct reports (presently two leisure agents) • Manage pursuit of uncollected commissions in collaboration with Accounting Department • Work with available software to refine and hone documents (itineraries, invoices, travel documents, etc.)
• Produce and interpret reports for ad hoc requests from Officers • Establish weekly meetings with staff and individual meetings with staff members to manage natural ebb and flow of workload Establish and enforce departmental policies and procedures to ensure efficient operations
• Establish personal objectives for each staff members and provide ongoing coaching and counseling as well as regularly scheduled formal performance reviews • Recommend and implement actions in order to achieve annual departmental gross revenue goals • Serve as leader, coach, and mentor to sales organization. • Embrace occasional off-hour work hosting evening sales events and attending conferences and/or fam trips outside of Southeast Michigan
• Strong selling skills • Willingness and ability to travel • Minimum of five years in travel industry • Experience in staff management • Superior written and oral communication • Ability to retain composure under pressure • Financial / budgetary experience • Proven tactical, procedural experience • Bachelor’s degree in relevant field • High degree of integrity • Expansive familiarity with domestic and foreign travel destinations
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
• Base Salary with tangible growth-oriented profit share bonus • 401(k) plan with discretionary contributions made by the Company at the end of the year • Contributory health insurance plan through Blue Care Network • Company-paid short term disability and long term disability plans • Eligibility for membership of IATA, an organization providing Travel Agents significant discounts on travel expenses
• Laptop computer • Phone and voice mail • In-office work station • Access to established relationships with travel consortia, tour operators, and experienced and helpful colleagues in the office from every major aspect of the travel industry
SENIOR VP OF CLIENT SOLUTIONS GROUP
As a senior leader, the SVP is responsible for creating and executing overall vision for the agency as it relates to the client solutions team and various cross departmental company initiatives. The SVP will be directly responsible for overall client retention, satisfaction, and profitability of a portfolio of 600+ clients totaling approximately $1 billion in travel spend.
Business Planning and Client Retention
o Strategic development, implementation, and management of the Client Solutions business plan/platform which includes consistently demonstrating value to our customers and prospective clients.
o Partner with the Senior Vice President of Operations Technology, the Chief Information Officer and the Senior Vice President of Marketing to create and execute an integrated companywide business plan.
o Monitor, manage and ensure profitability of accounts ensuring standards are maintained and margins increased. Work with Vice Presidents of Client Solutions to assess client needs and identify strategies to retain client base and protect/enhance margins through both cost out initiatives as well as revenue enhancing ideas.
• Coordinate all internal resources to ensure the fulfillment of all service components, the delivery of value-added services and is ultimately responsible for the success of these areas
• Manage the client relationship matrix through penetration of the organization and proper utilization of agency’s resources and executives
• Manage client communication and education efforts (e.g. industry/company events, educational seminars, and travel industry trends).
• Participate in Best and Final sales presentations, drafting of client contracts, KPI’s and SLA’s
• Lead the efforts in responding to current account RFP’s including the accuracy, relevancy and customization of the information.
• More than ten years of experience running the account management and client relationship program for a large corporate travel company.
• Deep understanding of the financials and fee structures attendant to a profitable travel platform (GDS revenue, overrides, transaction fees, management fees, etc.)
• Excellent people skills in order to effectively manage a large and geographically dispersed team
• Strong understanding of current travel technology
• Strategic thinking regarding overall enterprise direction as the leader of agency’s Client Solutions Group and as a member of agency’s Executive Committee, which is comprised of department heads
• Very strong spoken, written and presentation skills, for audiences of varying types and sizes
• Excellent employment references and strong industry presence
• College degree preferred.
• Must be able to travel 25-30% of the time
• Strong preference for NYC area candidates; relocation reimbursement is available
Virtual Corporate Travel Outside Sales Representative
This is an agency that partners with clients to help them manage their travel logistics and expenses in a servicing model that is tailored to the unique needs of the client. The Middle Market Sales & Business Development is focused on acquiring and growing business with US headquartered companies with annual revenue of $5M-$500M. Job responsibilities:
• Drive New Sales from prospective clients with annual revenue of $5M-$500M in primary and secondary markets
• Achieve New Sales Air Volume targets
• Execute a transactional sales cycle
• Sell core Travel Management solutions
• Spend significant time on prospecting, ensuring implementation of accounts, and managing new signings through the first 13 months of Booked Air Volume
• Sell with integrity and appropriately track prospect data to ensure a coordinated and consistent client experience, in alignment with compliance and internal business requirements
Qualifications Required skills & qualifications:
1. Demonstrating value -
Proactively and consistently demonstrates the value of partnering with agency
Highlighting key pillars of the value proposition
Documents and communicates the ROI of growth opportunities, identifying benefits and synergies with current products
2.Closing -Gains a commitment from the client to move forward by asking for the business and successfully managing objections -Overcomes objections and resistance to proposed solutions with key client decision makers and mobilizes them to action
3.Results focus -Demonstrates a competitive, positive, “driven” attitude, quickly adapts to different situations, and recovers from setbacks -Proactively focuses on results, outcomes, and achievements, persistently overcoming obstacles as they arise
4.Influence & persuasion -Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance for products and/ or services -Utilizes innovativeness and compelling rationale to overcome complex client barriers, enabling mutually-beneficial outcomes
5. Pipeline management -Co-manages a pipeline of opportunities, leveraging client data/ analytics to plan and prioritize activities -Leverages lead sources to identify opportunities and proactively schedule sales appointments
6.Consultative selling -Effectively identifies client needs with input to configure solutions that address client requirements and deliver value -Positions products and services to meet specific client needs and solicits feedback
about the value of proposed solutions
7.Market, industry, & product knowledge -Understands at a tactical level market/ industry key competitors, challenges, terminology, technology, trends, and regulations -Possess expertise and consults on the full suite of agency products and tools, including
Sales Executive Position in the San Francisco Bay Area
A mobile travel app company that provides last minute tickets to travel activities, tours, and events in cities across the world including San Francisco, New York, London, and Paris. We are looking for a Sales Executive who can recruit new vendors & travel products for the app. We are a a small tech start-up that is looking for someone who can wear multiple hats.
Your daily tasks will consist of (but are not limited to):
Perform all aspects of the sales cycle from finding leads, prospecting, setting meetings, presentations, and closing.
Onboarding new travel suppliers and products onto our system
Account management, maintain, and grow customer relationships
Negotiate pricing and contractual agreement with vendors to close the sale.
Attend events such as travel related trade shows and conferences
Work with Hotels & Hospitality industry to market our product
HUGE bonus if you have:
Pre-existing relationships in the Travel, Hospitality, and/or entertainment industry
Experience working at a tech/start-up environment
Good writing & copy writing skills
B.S. in Sales, Business, Marketing, or a related field from an accredited university
Previous Sales Experience
Travel Industry Experience
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite Tech savvy
Organized, dependable, efficient and detail oriented
Strong written and verbal communication skills