The following are various management positions that are available with different companies. These are condensed descriptions. If you are interested in learning more about any specific posting please contact me direct .
Travel Agency Manager Auburn MI
$10 million corporate travel agency in Oakland County has an immediate opening for an office manager. We do only corporate travel. We use the Worldspan GDS, Trams for accounting, GRASP for management reports, Trondent for ticket tracking and most of our customers use Concur. Our former manager went to work for a large corporation as their travel manager.
The office manager should have at least 10 years experience in travel agency operations. It is preferable but not essential to have management experience. I will consider an experienced corporate agent who wants to take the next step up in their career. Duties include:
Supervising 3 corporate agents
Making travel reservations (maybe half the time)
Simple maintenance of Concur web sites for existing customers (our franchise headquarters does Concur web site implementations for new customers and most maintenance on existing web sites)
Maintaining mid office and back office software (Trondent, GRASP, etc.)
Implementing a QC and auto ticketing system from Agency Technology
Resolving customer service issues
Meet with airline, car rental and hotel reps
Ensure ARC report is done correctly (minimal, our bookkeeper is good)
Report to owner on staff issues
Approve staff time off requests
Interview job applicants
Train agents (if we have new hires)
Evaluate agent performance and report to owner
Resolve agency debit memos
Occasionally go on sales call to prospective customers with owner, maybe once every 2-3 months (owner does almost all sales functions)
Meet with current customers once per year to review and ensure satisfaction
work from home 3-4 days per week
2 free DL tickets per year
2 weeks paid vacation to start, increasing after 5 & 10 years
Flexibility in working hours to handle family/personal issues
We are a great office that works very well together
Account Manager/Client Services - Maryland / DC
The primary purpose of this position is to work with assigned business travel accounts and Division Team Leaders to implement new business, analyze travel management data and maintain ongoing communication with assigned client to ensure strong relationships. This position entails multi-directional communication.
Major Areas of Responsibility
New account implementation
• Thorough and clear understanding of company and client objectives, directs/participates in the development of implementation plans for each client to lay the foundation for servicing current accounts and growing additional business within the assigned accounts.
• Serve as liaison between operations, reporting, accounting, division team leaders and President (when applicable) in integrating new accounts.
• Define and communicate with targeted points of contacts within company including President, CFO/Controller, Human Resources, Travel Manager, etc.
• Prepares Agreements managing the process through to signing
Create Valued Relationships
• Develop annual business plan and budget to support client objectives and increase service penetration.
• Meet on a pre-determined basis with key clients to create and maintain relationships and monitor customer service/client satisfaction levels.
• In coordination with Team Leaders, deliver all crisis management communication to client company management and travelers.
• Record, track and report resolution of client service issues in cooperation with corporate team leader using company database system. Provide data to clients during scheduled meetings.
• Develop and maintain a strong relationship with preferred vendors to ensure assistance in resolving problems and to ensure preferred rate/commission/benefits treatment.
• Provide client specific product demonstrations – ensuring that the client is able to utilize available technology to their best advantage. All Concur account administrators need to be trained.
• Continue post-implementation initiatives including best practices (on-going) training, annual client satisfaction surveys and new product line introductions/training.
• Work with our airline, car and hotel partners along with client to negotiate contract discounts.
• Understand further clients’ needs and trends with current automation. Can our existing technology programs provide the appropriate solutions or do we need to seek other resources?
• Make recommendations if additional technologies or process need to be reviewed. Recommend products and Return on Investment.
• Respond to Request for Proposals (RFP) from client assigned accounts as required using collected travel data and financial analysis.
• Understand competitive forces within assigned clients.
• Prepares Agreement revisions and manage the process through to signing.
• Maintain Client Service and Service Level Agreements and upload in company shared directory and with CRM database.
• Maintain and update client information in CRM database.
• Support President/CEO in Sales/Marketing efforts when necessary.
• Examine on a pre-determined basis, the management reporting data, client travel patterns and policy to identify savings.
• Document and recommend process, savings, or program improvement opportunities via regular program reviews (post-program, quarterly or annually based on client size & scope) and which highlight the value delivered to the client.
• Assist in determining the ongoing data management needs of the client and work with the relevant department to ensure those needs are being met.
• Monitor client performance as compared to expected performance levels based upon client contracts. Follow up with client and vendors to address any significant variances from the expectation.
• Achieve pre-established retention, revenue (renewal & up-selling), profitability, and satisfaction goals annually.
Knowledge and Skill Required
• Decision Making
• Problem solving skills
• Excellent customer service/relationship skills
• Superior MS Office skills
• Working knowledge of relevant social media platforms (e.g., LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube)
• Negotiation Skills
• Project Management
• Minimum three years’ experience working in a meetings and incentive management role and the ability to work in partnership with a Corporate client base
• Ability to travel as required
• B.S./B.A. degree or equivalent experience
• *Five + years corporate travel specialist experience
• *Extensive knowledge of the airline industry including GDS Systems
• *Two plus years account management experience
* Helpful but not essential
Key Competencies required:
• Focus on the Customer - Fosters a customer-centered environment where the customer perspective is central to the thinking, discussions, and decisions, and ensure delivery of exceptional value to the customer. Listen 75% of the time while speaking 25%. Must be a consultant.
Influences and Engages others: Presents a compelling case for ideas, and inspires others to excel through personal commitment to a common vision or goal. Be a trusted consultant.
• Persuasive-Selling: Actively focusing on selling, up-selling and using appropriate behaviors that influence, convince and persuade others to buy-in and commit to ideas and recommendations. Consultant!
• Persistence: Taking an approach to selling, negotiations, conversations and projects that demonstrate determination and commitment to achieve success.
• Drive for Results: Demonstrates and fosters a sense of urgency, persistence, and accountability to take the actions required to achieve results.
• Demonstrate Commitment: Model energy and optimism under trying circumstances, continuously stretch oneself to grow, adapt and meet new demands, navigate new situations and improve results.
• Foster Open Communication: Communicate effectively through active listening and skillful expression of own points of view, keep people informed, and promote an environment in which people communicate honestly, respectfully, and openly.
Global Account Manager - Virtual
Northeast Region of the US
Accountable for the tactical operations and functions related to the profitability of the travel office, client retention and consolidation, service delivery for client travel program, and achievement of all company service standards. This is a corporate travel management position.
Manages a team of on-site and virtual, remote, work from home travel consultants with coaching and direction from Vice President Operations
This position is a remote work from home virtual, with frequent travel to visit the client's offices.
Must have Knowledge of Sabre
PUBLISHING --MEDIA-- ENTERTAINMENT BACKGROUND REQUIRED
GENERAL MANAGER – CAMBRIDGE MA Starting in July 2017
Overall general manager of this agency handling all departments through delegation to managers. The following duties are key to this position:
Key Corporate Accounts
Participate in Steering Committee meetings
Review monthly reports
Attend annual client meetings
Supervise Client Relations Manager (CRM)
Resolve complains/problems if escalated by CRM or agent
Review key account contracts and fees with Steering Committee
Hiring and Supervision of Admin and Finance Staff with Operations Manager
Manage Independent Contractor (I.C.) annual Reviews
Management of Interpersonal Relationships
Prepare payroll monthly; employer taxes quarterly
Oversee medical Insurances + LTD
Administer 401K and FSA benefit programs
Liaison to branch office and their employees
Participate in Steering committee
Interface with home office
Conduct I.C. interviews / orientation/support
Liaise with lawyer / accountant
Conduct salary and performance reviews, including Float and QC agents
Prepare and manage admin budget
Train and supervise front office team with Operations Manager
Be responsible for physical space maintenance
Handle contracts for iBANK (on-line data and reporting software)/ Phone system
Handle new business inquiries and complaint calls
Intercede with vendor reps for agent problems/debits
Assist agents with account issues (with CRM)
Manage company business insurance renewals
Create marketshare SPECTRA/SABRE TRAVELER SECURITY data reports
Review/sign vendor commission agreements
Manage airline upgrade e-certificates
Manage SABRE Ticket Assist for Concur automatic ticketing
Strengthen vendor relations / participate in local vendor events
Supervise iBank useage (on-line data and reporting software)
Monitor Cash Flow
Oversee Capital Funds budget with shareholders
Oversee Capital Funds In/Out
Monitor / sign checks
Review monthly 1099 payroll
Review annual budget expenses
Review tax filings
Expert knowledge of SABRE GDS, MS OFFICE
Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
Ability to effectively interact with all levels both within and outside the company
Working knowledge of travel management data
Ability to resolve client service concerns
Ability to learn and flexibility to absorb new software and methods
DESIRED EXPERIENCE 15 years of Travel Industry experience with a minimum of 5 years in agency management
Proven history of working with large-volume travel accounts
Vendor relation management skills
High-level knowledge of OBTs (On-Line Booking Tools)
Budgeting and other financial experience
Understanding of HR issues
Business Development Manager - Encino, CA
A Development Manager (BDM) is responsible for developing business (sales) and reaching target requirements for their assigned territory. To achieve this goal, they are responsible for building a relationship and increasing sales with existing travel agency accounts. The BDM also is seeking out new accounts and will secure preferred supplier agreements with them. The BDM is responsible for attending tradeshows as a supplier, hosting seminars, and giving presentations to agency networks and consortia. This requires relationships with various entities, including tourism boards, travel agencies/consortia, associations, museums, universities and other sources of travel business. A successful BDM will have strong destination knowledge of the exotic destinations. Direct report to Vice President.
Travel Agency / Retail Partner- Directed sales efforts:
Sales Visits to agencies/agents (in person, face to face)
Share destinations, scheduled tour programs and how we can customize FITs
Share about our very experienced and knowledgeable product managers and consultants
Make sure they know what this wholesaler has to offer them as travel agents
Learn what they have to offer their clients in customer service and superb vacations to have them understand how we can help them increase their sales
Sales calls via phone for agencies / agents that you cannot meet with in person
Product Training for agencies / agents
Follow up on sales visits
Lead generation and coordinating leads with in-house sales agent - assist in closing lead
Agent seminars (these usually occur in partnership with NTOs
Retail Travel events (usually several suppliers present)
Webinars (101, Destination training, Theme training)
Building the relationship with key agencies – in particular Owners, managers, lead sales agents
Co-op Marketing campaigns
Target new agencies that have never booked prior
Newsletter (destination or theme-based), E-blast or direct e-mail
General partner-agency customer service
Assistance with pax documentation, where required
Year-end override calculation and payment initiation, when applicable
Brochure request processing and follow-up
Track retail agency performance against targets
Consortium and agency directed contract and representation efforts:
Secure new Preferred Supplier consortia contracts
Attend annual national consortia conferences
Secure single agency Preferred Supplier contracts
Process year-end Preferred Supplier contracted overrides, if and when applicable
Process consortium member agency change reports to applicable data-base
E-Marketing through consortium channels, e-broadcasts or personal e-mail messages
Track consortium performance against targets
Attend regional consortium travel event
Consistently and proactively seek out group business opportunities (group potential exists at agency level, membership organizations, churches, chambers, museums, associations etc.)
Ability to cost and contract a group
Conduct presentation evening to build group sales, if applicable
Secure collateral to support group sales efforts
Secure co-funding from NTO for group sales building efforts
Generate applicable power point presentations to support group sales efforts
Attend special group industry events (ex: faith based conferences - budget requirements)
Secure consumer-direct shows at zero or very low cost contribution. This is usually done by partnering with NTOs or other reputable travel organizations
Organize logistics, collateral and staffing, if required, and attend consumer-direct shows
Continual Destination training / product knowledge
Maintain and build a strong database of agents
Build relationship with tourist boards and other industry suppliers
Belong and participate in local area travel industry associations (ex: WESTA, PATA, TANQ)
Operate conscientiously in regard to budgets. Treat your expenses as if they are your own
Responsibly organize your own business travel arrangements
Be prompt with your expense reports and ensure accuracy of reports
Input activities in Salesforce
Issue monthly sales activity reports based on the currently prescribed format
Be team oriented and in communication with management, sales consultants and staff
Virtual Corporate Travel Outside Sales Representative
This is an agency that partners with clients to help them manage their travel logistics and expenses in a servicing model that is tailored to the unique needs of the client. The Middle Market Sales & Business Development is focused on acquiring and growing business with US headquartered companies with annual revenue of $5M-$500M. Job responsibilities:
• Drive New Sales from prospective clients with annual revenue of $5M-$500M in primary and secondary markets
• Achieve New Sales Air Volume targets
• Execute a transactional sales cycle
• Sell core Travel Management solutions
• Spend significant time on prospecting, ensuring implementation of accounts, and managing new signings through the first 13 months of Booked Air Volume
• Sell with integrity and appropriately track prospect data to ensure a coordinated and consistent client experience, in alignment with compliance and internal business requirements
Qualifications Required skills & qualifications:
1. Demonstrating value -
Proactively and consistently demonstrates the value of partnering with agency
Highlighting key pillars of the value proposition
Documents and communicates the ROI of growth opportunities, identifying benefits and synergies with current products
2.Closing -Gains a commitment from the client to move forward by asking for the business and successfully managing objections -Overcomes objections and resistance to proposed solutions with key client decision makers and mobilizes them to action
3.Results focus -Demonstrates a competitive, positive, “driven” attitude, quickly adapts to different situations, and recovers from setbacks -Proactively focuses on results, outcomes, and achievements, persistently overcoming obstacles as they arise
4.Influence & persuasion -Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance for products and/ or services -Utilizes innovativeness and compelling rationale to overcome complex client barriers, enabling mutually-beneficial outcomes
5. Pipeline management -Co-manages a pipeline of opportunities, leveraging client data/ analytics to plan and prioritize activities -Leverages lead sources to identify opportunities and proactively schedule sales appointments
6.Consultative selling -Effectively identifies client needs with input to configure solutions that address client requirements and deliver value -Positions products and services to meet specific client needs and solicits feedback
about the value of proposed solutions
7.Market, industry, & product knowledge -Understands at a tactical level market/ industry key competitors, challenges, terminology, technology, trends, and regulations -Possess expertise and consults on the full suite of agency products and tools, including
Sales Executive Position in the San Francisco Bay Area
A mobile travel app company that provides last minute tickets to travel activities, tours, and events in cities across the world including San Francisco, New York, London, and Paris. We are looking for a Sales Executive who can recruit new vendors & travel products for the app. We are a a small tech start-up that is looking for someone who can wear multiple hats.
Your daily tasks will consist of (but are not limited to):
Perform all aspects of the sales cycle from finding leads, prospecting, setting meetings, presentations, and closing.
Onboarding new travel suppliers and products onto our system
Account management, maintain, and grow customer relationships
Negotiate pricing and contractual agreement with vendors to close the sale.
Attend events such as travel related trade shows and conferences
Work with Hotels & Hospitality industry to market our product
HUGE bonus if you have:
Pre-existing relationships in the Travel, Hospitality, and/or entertainment industry
Experience working at a tech/start-up environment
Good writing & copy writing skills
B.S. in Sales, Business, Marketing, or a related field from an accredited university
Previous Sales Experience
Travel Industry Experience
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite Tech savvy
Organized, dependable, efficient and detail oriented
Strong written and verbal communication skills