MARKETING / SALES POSITIONS
E-Commerce Manager & Creative Designer
The E-Commerce umbrella covers a wide range of the digital and online promotion of products. The following are the main tasks related to the E-Commerce role who reports to the Vice President:
Website content management
‘Cleaning’ all new tour content for publishing on the website. This can be as small as minor formatting changes to writing day-by-day itinerary copy (when not provided correctly from the DMC)
Setting up applicable photos and compiling other required details for all tour pages and general webpages
Trouble shooting with Site Update on website malfunctions
Creating layouts for new sections on the site
Frequent update of the front page to reflect new offers and tours
Submitting changes and errors to Site Update as necessary
Regular deployment of digital newsletters and email broadcasts
HTML content creation
Scheduling and keeping track of newsletters and broadcasts that are included as part of marketing agreements
Liaising with Product Managers for product selection and special offers to promote
Creation of e-marketing materials for consortia and partnership marketing
Increase of online presence for the company through social media channels
Posting current specials, new packages, photos and other information of interest to consumers via social media
Ongoing updates of destination information in a digital format
Creation and/or formatting of webinars and the online training program
Assembling of all photos for client documentation
Submitting regular price and tour updates to online agencies to ensure their sites are up-to-date
Monthly sales reports
Coordination of monthly sale report breakdowns by destination and territory
Compilation of reports for sales meetings and target setting
NTO Joint Marketing
Work in partnership with several National Tourism Organizations (NTO) throughout the year, in joint marketing efforts to promote a specific destination.
Creating marketing proposals
Analyze the NTO’s budget, marketing focus and previous activity (if available), to develop the proposal
Cross-reference our Consortia Marketing Agreements to see if there are any opportunities that would be applicable to the NTO
Provide follow-up with the NTO as required, once the proposal is sent out
Fulfillment and Tracking Project Completion
As the graphic designer, implement and fulfill the majority of the marketing proposal activities
For training webinars or seminars, follow-up on dates and arrangements to ensure that all activities are completed during the timeline proposed
Once all activities are completed, the NTOs need to be invoiced with all back-ups of activities and booking reports, if requested
Through annual signed partnership marketing agreements with select consortia, they are able reach the targeted clientele base of high-level producing agencies. The marketing activities I am directly involved in include:
Digital fliers stored in the intranet that agencies can download to promote to their clientele
Consortia e-newsletters, broadcasts and agency intranet updates
Design of consumer direct mail pieces
Misc. promotional material
Evites for webinars and other agent events
Printed postcard invitations
Design and printing of certificates for agents completing the SITA training courses
Creation of certificates for giveaways or other awards
Agency and Group Tour Marketing
The marketing activities in this role are generally focused on increasing sales on a specific group departure, either through an agent or organization. Depending on the origin of the lead, these activities are usually facilitated through either Inside Sales or a BDM. New groups and leads are generated throughout the year, though the activities themselves are limited to a short booking period per agency and include some or all of the following:
Brochure or flier with sell price and itinerary
A standard template has been developed - page count varies depending on the length of tour and type of group; in some cases, the template needs to be tailored to an organization’s specific format and regulations
Review, edit and approval by agent/tour organizer
Coordinate printing, quantity and shipping as necessary
HTML email broadcasts or seminar evites to promote the tour
Design of print ads and other misc. printed promotional material (based on budget)
Creation of PowerPoint presentation for potential group
General Design Work
Regular updating of ads for ongoing advertising in trade publications
Ad-hoc ads in consumer publications (depending on co-op funding) or applicable special event programs
Creation of banner ad or other value-adds as included with the print ad
Light copywriting for ads and advertorials (as necessary)
Tour Digest production
Layout updates or creation as required
Acquisition of high-quality photos for use in print through various sources
Designing of cover layout and new sections
Compilation and entry of all content
Press check and other quality control
Consumer shows and tradeshows
Product selection and designing of flier as appropriate for the show
Create banner and other table-top items
Facilitate the printing and shipment details with mail room to ensure timely arrival
Sales Team Leader, Boulder Colorado
Role Overview: The Sales Team Leader is responsible for leading and motivating their team to exceed the team sales targets and deliver top customer service. They are the first point of escalation for any problems and should authorise suitable action by their team in the majority of cases. They are to ensure that each team member’s sales and customer service meet company expectations and that company values are being promoted and adhered to. They are responsible for identifying development needs and knowledge gaps, and play a key role in designing and delivering training and support, and ensuring its ongoing implementation. They report to the directly to the US Manager, Sales Manager and Sales Director and also work closely with the other Team Leaders to promote best practice and ensure peer-to-peer learning.
Providing the first line of management support; responding to team questions and issues
Devise engaging sales incentives and challenges to motivate and reward attainment of team sales targets
Proactively monitor team workload, sales and customer service and reporting to US Manager, Sales Manager and Sales Director
Assisting with time management and task prioritisation in busy periods
Leading weekly catch ups with team members
Leading call blocks and collective team actions, such as proactive selling and client courtesy calls
Playing a role in the recruitment and training of new starters
Providing extra support for new starters during their 6 month probation period
Carry out checks on bookings at various stages – first itinerary (new starters), confirmation (all consultants), Info-Pack (new starters), group tours (all consultants)
Distribution and tracking of new enquiries among own team
Coordinating with US Manager, Sales Manager and colleagues to ensure enquiry management balanced across
Ensuring enquiries distributed according to capacity of individual team members
Ensure sufficient phone coverage within team at all times of day
Manage team holiday time to ensure adequate capacity within team
Support for complaint-handling and managing operational issues
Liaise with Sales Support Staff and ensure effective support
Liaise with Nagoya office tantos, to ensure effective support
Training and development
Promoting a culture of self-analysis and peer support within the team
Leading appraisals and ensuring follow up through effective Personal Development Plans
Involvement in design and delivery of group and individual training
Ensuring training is implemented and embedded
Deputising for US Manager where necessary
Other reasonable tasks as requested by US Manager and/or Directors
Key skills and qualities
Excellent IT skills, particularly knowledge of Axum
Knowledge of Japan and Vietnam
Flexible and able to multi-task
High Productivity – able to get a lot done
Committed to company values and supportive of management initiatives
EVENT MARKETING COORDINATOR
● Interface with ministry client’s marketing teams ● Coordinate ministry marketing needs with Pillar Brands ● Monitor ministry/artist marketing efforts
Skills/knowledge/abilities: high school diploma bachelor’s degree preferred related work experience demonstrated people skills demonstrated management skills preferred proficiency in business writing, communication and technology ability to follow through on verbal and written instructions ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines actively engage in deductive reasoning and problem solving demonstrate initiative and critical thinking skills knowledge of current technology (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, Adobe PDF Editor, Skype, Dropbox)
Client Communications: ● Communicate with ministry partners to collect creative assets, establish promotional schedules, set priorities and manage deadlines ● Send ministry partners the Marketing Assessment form to learn about their marketing channels, plans and abilities ● Prepare and send monthly marketing reports to ministries ● Run reports with up-to-date marketing information and trends ● Monitor marketing and promotions for Inspiration contracted guest artists
Internal Communications: ● Collect all necessary event details and determine project scope for completion of promotional materials ● Communicate expressed event marketing needs between ministry and Inspiration ● Manage event marketing source codes ● Manage online store including inventory, functionality and compilation of monthly financial reports ● Sign up for all Ministry email lists and forward event promotional emails to teams ● Create, manage and monitor the event marketing calendar ● Work with Creative Team to collect necessary assets for Inspiration marketing initiatives
Passenger Communications: ● Manage SubscriberMail Monthly Resource emails ● Maintain passenger mail list; audit and purge records in coordination with outsourced mail list manager ● Transfer mail list information to off-site management company
Vendor Communications: ● Compile marketing efforts for cruise line co-op fund re-imbursement ● Compile marketing efforts for Israel Ministry of Tourism co-op fund re-imbursement
E-Commerce: ● Maintain e-commerce inventory for sales, internal needs and giveaways ● Assist with Inspiration product development ● Assist with e-commerce partnerships ● Assist with creation and maintenance of e-commerce strategy, implementation and content
Other Duties: ● Assist Passenger Relations Team during busy times with answering phones and taking brochure requests ● Train appropriate support staff to cover all aspects of your job in your absence ● Perform job-related duties as requested by the President/CEO ● Identify ways to increase efficiency and reduce expenses in all areas of operation
COMPLEAT DEVELOPER, WASHINGTON DC
Responsible for the design, development, testing and implementation of automated mid-office workflows for increasing operational efficiency, including reservations quality control, file finishing and ticketing. Create customized routines for handling PNRs. Create scripts and mid-office routines as well as work on new projects that will automate much of the travel agent activity. Create and maintain a library of travel consultant reference and instructional documents related to all mid-office processes. Design and maintain automated processes that ensure proper interfacing of standardized travel data in the back-office accounting and business intelligence systems. 2+ years programming experience working directly in GDSX Concur Compleat.
You hold a bachelor’s degree.
2+ years travel reservations and process experience.
You understand the travel reservation process and have worked in a travel agency creating automation processes.
You have working knowledge of Sabre.
You have experience creating scripts and/or mid-office routines.
Preferred: working knowledge of SQL
You have a keen eye for proactive approaches to increasing travel agency efficiency.
You are self-motivated and able to handle multiple priorities.
You are a team player with an open and candid communication style; willing and able to appropriately challenge thinking and actions. You understand the importance of confidence, patience, politeness, tact, and diplomacy, and you never fail to apply these traits when dealing with difficult situations.
Digital Media Specialist – Tucson AZ
This position is the primary person responsible for maximizing traffic to our family of travel websites by improving page rank within search engines and handling digital media decision-making across multiple platforms, to include updating content, headlines, and blogs and microsites.
• Collect and analyze web metrics, such as visits, time on site, page views per visit etc.
• Assist in setting up or optimizing analytics tools for tracking visitor’s behavior.
• Conduct online marketing initiatives such as ad placement, affiliate programs, sponsorship programs, email promotions or viral marketing campaigns.
• In depth knowledge of keyword research, internal links, tagging/meta-tagging and an understanding of SEO copywriting.
• Create and develop content strategies for online marketing strategy.
• Optimize web site exposure by analyzing search engine patterns to direct online placement of keywords or other content.
• Evaluate new emerging media or technologies and make recommendations for their application within internet marketing campaigns.
• Analyze technology trends to identify markets for future product development or to improve sales of existing products.
• Manage timely flow of information to users.
• Create customer service processes and procedures to ensure positive and consistent user experiences.
• Execute or manage banner, video or other non-text link ad campaigns.
• Create and manage editorial calendar.
• Collaboration skills
• Communication proficiency
• Problem solving/analysis
• Technical capacity
• Analytical Thinking
• Time management
• Proficient in Microsoft Office 360 suite software
• Two years’ experience working on the internet or related field
• Degree in computer science, business or marketing preferred.
Senior PHP Developer
This private corporation is an innovative travel technology solutions provider located in Boca Raton, Florida, is currently seeking full time candidates to join our Engineering Support or Development departments. Positions are ideal for Senior Level PHP developers. Candidates must be team players, and self-motivated.
PHP Developer you must be able to handle multiple tasks and balance a workload based on priority of assignments. The work environment is highly dynamic and fast-paced. You must be proactive, self-directed and possess strong motivation to deliver results.
5+ years experience in object oriented PHP
5+ years experience with transactional SQL statements
Experience with Redis, memcached.
What you can expect:
We've built a custom framework built on SOLID principles, you will be expected to use and contribute to this framework.
We run PHP 5.6 with an upgrade path in place for PHP 7. You can expect to work in the latest PHP version and to hone your craft with a team of experienced developers.
We work in an Agile environment and practice Scrum. Team members are encouraged and expected to participate, make implementation decisions and collaborate. We have members of teams that choose to pair program, we're ok with that. You know what makes you productive, you're a professional, and we will treat you as such. Lone wolves need not apply.
We believe in developer growth and improvement. We send our developers to Sunshine PHP every year. We encourage our developers to use the best tools available and to complete their certifications.
We constantly evaluate and reward performance. We promote from within and recognize excellence. The average tenure of our senior staff is over 8 years. Candidate must be able to work in the USA without any restrictions.
· Candidate must be able to pass a background check.
Senior Project Manager / Scrum Master
The role of the Project Manager is to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget, phase of the statement of work, etc.. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and staff in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
• Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
• Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and customers.
• Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
• Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and customers in a timely and clear fashion.
• Liaise with project customers on an ongoing basis.
• Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
• Draft and submit statement of work and or change requests, and recommend subsequent cost changes where necessary.
• Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
• Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and customers
• Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
• Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
• Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
• Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
• Track project milestones and deliverables
• Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
• Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
• Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
• Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
• Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
• Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
• Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
• Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
• 5 years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
• Certifications in Project Management an asset.
• Familiar with web technologies utility PHP, Java, HTML, XML, and SQL
• Database and operating systems experience with Sybase, Linux and Windows
• Competent and proficient understanding of Web 2.0 technologies
• Demonstrated experience in personnel management.
• Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
• Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
• Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
• Flexible during times of change.
• Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
• Ability to defuse tension among project team, should it arise.
• Ability to bring project to successful completion through political sensitivity.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
• Customer service skills an asset.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
5 plus years of managing B2B and B2C projects and working directly with Product Owners with a minimum of 1 year working in the Travel Industry, Cruise, Hotel, Air, Rental Car or combination of any.
Minimum 5 years managing projects with these resource types: Front End (HTML), PHP, Java, DBA, Content Management, QA Analyst, and Business Analyst.
Minimum 5 years writing Statement of Works, and Change Request.
Minimum 5 years managing multiple projects concurrently
Minimum 3 years Agile Project Management and Scrum Master, where they have managed Scrum projects that have Monthly release cycles. Prefer CSM
Minimum of 3 years where some of the key scrum team members have been shared resources and not 100% dedicated to a single scrum team.
Minimum of 3 years where they have realized requirements from inception to User Story formats.
Minimum of 3 years creating quarterly release plans using Scrum as the SDLC methodology.
Minimum 3 years reporting Sprint progress with Sprint burn-down charts and Velocity reports
Have previous experience delivering SAAS (software as a solution) products
Have previous experience servicing clients which are located globally, both in North America and International. We have clients all over the world, not just in the U.S.
Minimum 3 years using some type of Agile tool such as TFS, Rally, Jira Agile and/or Version One.
Nice to have – experience with Perforce source code management tool
Highly preferable - managed at least one project for a mobile application or mobile optimized website for smartphones and tablets.
Highly preferable – managed at least one project using responsive design.
Able to report earned value of a project, without using MS-Project or Clarity. Must be able to create a report using excel for earned value of a project using JIRA Agile and Jira Tempo tools for your data sources.